|Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Days||Session Dates||Time||Tuition||Register|
In the realm of cybersecurity, PenTest+ is a hands-on course that focuses on offense through penetration testing and vulnerability assessment. Participants will learn most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Participants will also learn skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings. Participants will be taught best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
The PenTest+ course and certification is unique because it teaches participants the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
This course is designed for individuals who have computer networking experience and wish to prepare for roles such as Penetration Tester, Vulnerability Tester, Security Analyst, Vulnerability Assessment Analyst, Network Security Operations, Application Security Vulnerability etc. A+ and Network+, or the equivalent in experience, are prerequisites for this course.
The course is designed for the beginner who wants to get a basic grasp of essential web design concepts and practical application. Developers will find the course useful to fill knowledge gaps and possibly an introduction to the latest tools, testing and/or updates to the technologies e.g. HTML5, CSS3 and PHP standards.
Planning and Scoping
- Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
- Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results.The Language of the Web
Attacks and Exploits
- Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security
attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques
Penetration Testing Tools
- Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts
(limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
Reporting and Communication
- Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for